Saturday, March 7, 2015

“It’s going to be LEGEN…wait for it… DARY!”


As most of the people know the famous lines “Suit up!”, “Challenge Accepted!”, and as what is stated in the title “It’s going to be LEGEN...wait for it…DARY!” are all lines originally spoken by Barney Stinson, a wealthy playboy, from the famous sitcom How I Met Your Mother or commonly called HIMYM. HIMYM is a series that follows the life of Ted Mosby and his gang (‘barkada’) as he recounts to his son and daughter the events that led him to meeting their mother, most of which happened in their famous hang out place called ‘McLaren’s Pub’. The series originally ran from September 2005 to March 2014 with a total of 9 seasons and 208 episodes all in all.
The HIMYM Gang 
I have been hooked on this series ever since and when I found out that there is a place in Wilson St., Greenhills called McLaren’s Pub which somehow depicts the same pub that the HIMYM gang hangs out in, imagine the shock and happiness that I felt and I immediately wanted to go to the place and see for myself how similar it is to the series.




PREPURCHASE STAGE & SERVICE ENCOUNTER STAGE
Before I finally decided to ask my friends, who are all avid fans of the series too, to go with me to McLaren’s, I first evaluated the risks that go along with it especially since the place is mostly kind of a bar. I searched different reviews and ratings by people who have been to McLaren’s  and when I saw that most of it was a good rating I got more excited and finally decided to try it for myself.

Upon arriving at the place the staffs were very accommodating and they immediately have us seated in our designated booth. The service personnel all have their own roles and scripts to follow, like there is someone who is designated to greet you at the door and lead you to your seat and there is a different personnel assigned to take your order etc., which helped in making sure that everything ran smoothly. We ordered the marsala thick cut pork chops and the mac and cheese truffles as our appetizer. The restaurant being a high contact service was expected that their personnel would be very attentive and courteous to their customers, as they all were which made the stay more comfortable and fun. The design of the interior of the place somehow resembles the series, but not so much as I expected.  They could have added more HIMYM references so that there would be more HIMYM feels to the place. They mostly incorporated the series references on their drink offerings. But nonetheless, everything about the place and the service is within my zone of tolerance, so I was not 100% disappointed. 
The Interior of the place (Photo grabbed from Google)

Photo Grabbed from Google

Marsala Thick Cut Porkchop (Photo grabbed from their Facebook page)

Mac & Cheese Truffles (Photo grabbed from their facebook page)


POST PURCHASE STAGE 

All in all I was satisfied with the service that they have based on the satisfaction judgment ‘confirmation’ because the service that I experienced were same as expected which is good, although not all were met. There is also some level of arousal and positive affect which will be my driving force to go back to the place for the second time around and even share my experience with other people.



No comments:

Post a Comment